Once all the basic configurations for live agent is setup, we can start planning the deployment and handling of Chats as mentioned below
Step 1: Chat Deployment
Live Agent deployment settings control the functionality that’s available to agents and their supervisors while agents chat with customers.
Open a notepad and Copy the auto generated Deployment code
Step 2: Include Live Agent in Console Application
Go to Create > Apps > Edit the console app that you want to include Live Agent.
We can define the tabs to open when Live Agent User accept the chat.
Step 2.1: Include Live Agent Related Tabs in Console App
Choose the tabs that you want to display in the Console App. We can select all the tabs related to Live Agent in Console App. Live Agent User doesn’t see the Live Agent Supervisor and Live Agent Sessions tabs because of the tab visibility settings that we had set before.
Once the above steps are completed let us look into few features which can be used by the agent and the supervisor
Handling Visitor Chat in Console
By default, the offline image will be displayed on the webpage, if the Live Agent User is not in the Online. Once the Live Agent User is Online, then the online image that we defined earlier will be displayed. Visitors need to click the button to initiate the chat with Live Agent User.
After accepting the chat, Live Agent User can do the following:
- User can associate the chat with the existing Contact, Account, Lead, or Case.
- Chat can be transferred to another Live Agent User. This option is disabled, if no Live Agent Users are available.
- Using Chat conferencing, Live Agent User can invite another Live Agent User for the chat with Visitors. Multiple Live Agent User can assist Visitor in a single chat window.
- Live Agent User can block the Visitors.
- Current Chat Transcripts will not get saved unless the current chat tab is closed.
For Monitoring Live Agent User Go to Tab > Live Agent Supervisor
Live Agent Supervisor can monitor the Live Agent User. We can define the filter settings for Users in the Live Agent Configuration Settings.
- Live Agent Supervisor can monitor the Queue Length.
- Supervisor can change the filter and view Live Agent Users.
- Using the View action Supervisor can see the Live Chat between Visitor and Live Agent User.
- Live chat between Live Agent User and Visitors.
- Supervisor can send Private message to Live Agent User during the chat between Live Agent User and Visitor.
Live Agent Objects
- Live Agent Sessions
- Live Chat Transcripts
- Live Chat Visitors
Live Agent Sessions
Live Agent Session contains details about the Time spent online, Time spent on chat, Live Agent Idle Time, and etc.
Live Chat Transcripts
It contains details about the Chat Start Time, Chat End Time, associated Account, Case and the Chat between Visitor and the Live Agent User.
Thus, Live agents can use the Salesforce console for responding to chats from the customers or visitors in real time. So that customers or visitors can get quick solutions. Thus, implementing Live agent increases agent’s productivity and organizational efficiency overall.